Sunday 10 October 2010

Alex Williamson...


Here are a few examples of a graphic artist called Alex Williamson's work. Here is another example of where the majority of design work was done off screen and the computer was used only as a tool to aid the finished product. The majority of Williamson's pieces are done as screen prints or using cutouts from magazines to create collages that are then digitized in order to manipulate them. I really like some of his work however often I find it can be a bit busy, and his frames can be very oddly composed with layers and layers of background imagery which I think could sometimes just be block colour. However the examples above are ones I picked because I thought they showed quite clearly that they were not totally computer based designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment